What type of Investment Funds can I have?06 de Septiembre, 2017
Depending on their investment policy, there are different types of funds available:
- Fixed Income Funds: these invest the majority of the fund's assets in fixed income instruments, such as bonds, debentures, letters and promissory notes.
- Variable Income Funds: these invest the majority of the fund's assets in company shares.
- Mixed Funds: these invest part of the fund's assets in fixed income assets and part in variable income assets.
- Global funds: these have the freedom not to fix in advance the percentages they will invest in fixed income or variable income assets, the currency in which the assets in which they invest are denominated, or the geographic spread of the investment.
- Guaranteed funds: they guarantee, on a certain date, known as the guarantee maturity date, the value of the initial investment plus fixed or variable returns. These funds offer peculiar characteristics that should be known and understood before subscribing to them.