- Keep informed of security news and alerts.
- Keep your equipment updated, including the Operating System and any application you may have installed.
- Make back-up copies regularly to avoid the loss of important data.
- Use legal software that provides a guarantee and technical support.
- Use secure Passwords in all services, to avoid user theft (avoid using names, dates, information that is known or can be deduced, etc.).
- Use Security tools (in Spanish) to help protect / repair your equipment against Internet threats.
- Create different users, each with the minimum required permits in order to carry out the authorised actions.
These tips and many more related to surfing the Internet, use of e-mail, e-commerce, etc. can be consulted in the Rapid Tip Guide (in Spanish) provided by the Internet User Security Office.