Peace of mind when taking out a loan?
With our Loan repayment protection insurance, we guarantee the payment of cash benefits if your circumstances become problematic.
Did you know that loan repayment protection insurance...
- Protects your well-being and that of your family, so they won’t be affected by an unexpected loss of income or an increase in expenses?
- Offers you peace of mind?
- Covers you during periods of unemployment, temporary disability or hospitalisation?
- Even though it covers temporary disability, does not require a medical examination?
- Is really easy to take out?
- Costs very little and solves a lot of problems?
- Was the most popular form of insurance commercialised in the global bancassurance market in the year 2017?(1)
Even so, there are still many myths...
|"It is too expensive for what it covers"||Remember that the coverage period is up to 10 years, if it is a personal loan, and 5 years, if it is a mortgage, and therefore, the cost is higher. The premium should be compared with the maximum compensation you may be entitled to in the event of a claim|
|"There are so many exclusions"||Exclusions allow the insurance provider to limit the level of risk in order to offer you a more affordable insurance product. Furthermore, the exclusions are the same as the ones established by all companies for this type of insurance and, for the most part, the aim is to prevent fraud or to ensure they are not covering pre-existing conditions|
|"I am not convinced. A friend of mind had this insurance and when he was unemployed it didn’t cover him"||This may be because he was affected by one of the exclusions, or because he became unemployed within 2 months of taking out the insurance, in other words, during the established grace period. Exclusions are the same in all payment protection insurance and the grace period is also similar, so it affects customers of all companies alike|
|"What happens if I have a permanent contract with a company, and I am also registered on the Special Self-Employment Scheme?"||In this case, you will be covered for temporary disability due to illness or accident|
|"If the mortgage is in both mine and my husband’s name... Does this insurance cover both of us in the event of unemployment?"||The insurance can cover one or more people. In this case, the minimum coverage is 5% for each insured party, and the sum total of all the percentages must be 100%|
Please see below the cover, compensations and grace periods
- Employed (permanent contract).
- Civil servants.arios.
- Temporary workers.
|Employment situation of the insured party|
|Situation||Compensation||Compensation limits for personal loans||Compensation limits for mortgage loans|
|Unemployment (involuntary)||Payment of the monthly repayment amount at the time of the claim, for every 30 consecutive days during the situation covered||€1500 per month for the following number of payments:
||€1500 per month for the following number of payments:
|Hospitalisation||Payment of the monthly repayment at the time of the claim for the first 7 consecutive days in the situation covered, and afterwards, a new additional payment for every 30 consecutive days of hospitalisation|
|Unemployment: 60 days
Temporary disability: 30 days
Hospitalisation: 30 days
|Unemployment: 60 months
Temporary disability and Hospitalisation:
Cajamar Seguros Generales Claims Line:
(1) Source: Study conducted by Finaccord (a subsidiary of Aon).Insurance provided by CAJAMAR SEGUROS GENERALES S.A., de Seguros y Reaseguros, through Cajamar Mediación, Operador de Banca-Seguros Vinculado, S.L.U., CIF B04428223, entered in the D.G.S.F.P. directorate with administrative code number: OV0014, with Public Liability insurance in place, pursuant to art. 21, point 3, section h) of Act 26/2006, of 17 July.
Go to www.grupocooperativocajamar.es/aseguradoras to see which insurance providers the Linked Bancassurance Operator has agency contracts in place with.