What are contactless payment?
The contactless payment system entails carrying out transactions and making payments for purchases using a bank card (or mobile phone) that incorporates this technology, without having to physically swipe or insert the card in a card reader or ATM (*), thereby facilitating electronic transactions.
Touch your card to the contactless reader and follow the instructions on screen.
- It takes less time than conventional transactions.
- Faster payments, mainly for amounts under €20 since you don't need to enter your PIN. You will need to enter your PIN when using an ATM.
- It decreases card deterioration since there is no physical contact between card and reader.
- Increased security: no one else handles your card and it's never out of your sight.
- Easier: to make small everyday transactions (buying bread, a newspaper, coffee, etc.), since you don't need to carry cash or change.
Apply for a card
Remember, if you want to enjoy this added advantage with your current Cajamar Caja Rural debit or credit card, apply through our or through our (subject to availability of the contactless product requested).
Where can I use it?
At any retail establishment or ATM bearing the Contactless logo. In retail establishments, let the retailer know you wish to make a contactless payment.This technology is currently expanding in Spain but is already widely available in other countries.