- Format: JPG.
- Maximum size: 5 MB.
- Minimum resolution: 1600x1019 pixels.
- Image mode: RGB.
Visa International establishes certain restrictions regarding the images that can be used on a customised card. The image on the card may not contain:
- Olympic brands, logos, names or legal declarations.
- The appearance of flags, signatures, etc., on clothes in the foreground or background in photographs is prohibited, including, but not limited to:
- Competitive brands as specified by the operational regulations of Visa International.
- Political symbols or declarations.
- Promotional materials or adverts.
- Products with brands.
- Copyright Material.
- Celebrities, musicians, public figures, athletes, etc.
- Telephone numbers.
- E-mail addresses.
- Socially unacceptable groups.
- Provocative or sexual materials.
- Any photographs that might lead to card refusal or other problems at points of sale.
- Materials that might be offensive to cultural or religious values.
- Any matter or process that might interfere with any security requirement on the card.
Furthermore, they must also not contain or deal with:
- Images that permit illegal or antisocial behaviours.
- Images that display a lack of cultural sensitivity.
- Alcohol, tobacco, fire arms.
- Account numbers, PIN numbers, addresses.
- Famous characters or cartoons.
- Nude or semi-nude people.